Although blessed by Verizon with several software updates since its launch, the Samsung Droid Charge is still running Android Froyo. But that will not happen for long, because an official update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread is on its way, and it looks like it will be rolled-out starting November 29.
The Droid Charge support page found over at Verizon currently reads that the update is “coming soon” – so it doesn’t give an exact release date. However, the image seen below seems to confirm the November 29 date.
Apart from Android 2.3 Gingerbread, the new update (build number EP4) will bring various enhancements to your Droid Charge, including: improved data connectivity, improved Bluetooth and GPS performance, and the inclusion of a Software Update Assistant. The full change log can be found here at Verizon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr gets a software update
- Samsung Droid Charge to get another software update from Verizon
- Verizon Samsung Droid Charge gets an update that isn’t Android Gingerbread
- Motorola Droid Bionic software update rolling out now
- Verizon: Motorola Droid X Gingerbread upgrade will be out this Friday