Earlier this month, Huawei has reportedly confirmed that an update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread for its U8800 Ideos X5 smartphone would arrive before the end of November.
Well, the company has just confirmed on Facebook that a Gingerbread update is available now, but only for the Huawei Ideos X5 Pro.
The X5 Pro is the newer version of the handset, which comes with a 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 processor – as opposed to the original U8800 X5, which uses Qualcomm’s 800MHz MSM7230 processor.
So, to be clear: the Huawei U8800 X5 Pro gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread as of now – the update can be downloaded here at Huawei’s official website. The older Huawei U8800 X5 will get Gingerbread, too – hopefully before the end of the month, as promised (although Huawei has to hurry things up, because there are only three more days left ’til December arrives).
Another version of the Ideos X5, namely the U8800-51, is sold in the US by AT&T as the Impulse 4G. This will probably get Gingerbread as well, but for now there’s no word on when it’s going to happen.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei U8800 Ideos X5 has received the update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- AT&T announces the Huawei Impulse 4G, its cheapest 4G Android phone ever
- Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 Pro gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Huawei Ideos X5 Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will be out this month
- Huawei Ideos X6 and X5 – new Android Froyo smartphones