Since the first Orange San Francisco smartphone was also sold by ZTE under its own brand (as the ZTE Blade), it makes sense for the new San Francisco II to be offered under the Chinese company’s brand as well.
According to this Bluetooth SIG page, the new handset will keep the Blade name, but adding an S to it. So, yeah, we should see the phone hitting the market as the ZTE Blade S sometime soon.
The Blade S runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and features a 3.5 inch WVGA display, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 5MP rear camera with LED flash, front-facing camera, 512MB of RAM, and an 800MHz processor.
Orange is offering the San Francisco II for £99.99 (€117) on PAYG, so the ZTE Blade S should be priced similarly. The original Blade / San Francisco was sold in more than 2 million units. It remains to be seen if the new model reaches the same success.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- ZTE Blade III exists, is being offered in Finland for €199.90
- New Orange San Francisco II (ZTE Crescent) coming soon
- Germany: E-Plus gets its own Android smartphone, the Base Lutea
- ZTE has sold two million Blade/Orange San Francisco Android smartphones so far
- Android-based Orange Barcelona coming soon