If you own a Sony Ericsson Xperia Android smartphone, you’ll be able to get no less than 50GB of free cloud space from Box.net, for life.
All you have to do is install the Box.net Android app on your Xperia handset, and register for an account. It’s not quite clear if the offer is available to Xperia users all over the world, or only to those in the UK, as this article suggests. And the fact that SE’s announcement regarding the partnership with Box.net no longer appears on its website doesn’t help us clarify things.
In any case, it looks like you have time until December 31, 2012 to claim your 50GB of free storage space.
Update: Sony Ericsson just said that the offer is not yet active. The company is “working to provide this offer very soon to all Xperia customers.”
Box.net is also offering 50GB of storage space to iPhone, iPad and iPod users for a limited time (the offer ends on December 2).
Via Phone Arena
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Confirmed: Android Ice Cream Sandwich coming to Sony Ericsson’s Xperia 2011 lineup
- UK: Sony Ericsson Xperia Active now delayed until September 30
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Active pre-orders start in the UK for £229.99, shipping on September 9
- SE plans to bring Android Ice Cream Sandwich to its 2011 Xperia lineup
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray coming soon to Three UK