Two rugged Android smartphones are finally about to be shipped to those who pre-ordered them in the UK. Well known mobile retailer Clove has received shipments of both the Sony Ericsson Xperia Active as well as the Motorola Defy+ JCB Edition.
The Xperia Active was announced in June, believe it or not, and we’ve been waiting for it to hit the streets ever since. Retailers started taking pre-orders for the Xperia Active in July, and here we are after what is probably one of the longest pre-order periods in history – and it’s finally available.
If you’d like to get an Xperia Active from Clove, you’ll have to shell out £240. It’s a phone that adheres to IP67 military spec for ruggedness, so it can undoubtedly accompany you in all your adventures/activities.
But so can the Motorola Defy+ JCB Edition. Again an IP67 certified smartphone, this was announced a couple of weeks ago and has arrived in stock earlier than anticipated. It’s basically a vanilla Defy+ with some extra JCB goodies thrown in for good measure, such as an extended 24-month warranty, an exclusive JCB branded skin with shock absorption, specifically designed for the Defy+, exclusive JCB packaging, and a JCB app which is preinstalled and includes six tools (Therodolite, Spirit Level, Torch and Decibel Reader) and a B&Q store locator.
The Defy+ JCB Edition can be yours for £262.80, if you get it from Clove.
So there you go. If you’re in the market for a rugged smartphone, two more options just made it to stores for you.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- UK: Motorola Defy+ gets even more rugged with JCB edition, coming on December 6 for £262.80
- Motorola Defy Mini pre-orders start in the UK for £174.99, shipping in late February or early March
- Motorola Defy Mini now available in the UK for £162
- UK: Sony Ericsson Xperia Active now delayed until September 30
- Motorola Defy+ now up for pre-order in the UK, free from £15.32 per month, £246 SIM-free