That Acer Iconia Tab A200 which we’ve been seeing around in the last few weeks has been officially announced today. Presented as a tablet that “comes at a very affordable price”, the new A200 is currently running Android 3.2 Honeycomb.
According to Acer, shipments of the Iconia Tab A200 have already started “in select countries.” There’s no word on its exact price, though.
Measuring 260 x 175 x 12.4 mm and weighing 720 grams, the Iconia Tab A200 features a 10.1 inch display with 1280 x 800 pixels, 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth, 3.5mm headset jack, Acer SocialJogger (with Facebook and Twitter integration), full-size USB port, 2MP front-facing camera, 1GHz dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, 1GB of RAM, MicroSD card support, and 8GB / 16GB of internal memory. It looks like the new tablet has no rear camera at all.
Starting January 2012, the A200 will be shipped with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Users who are buying the tablet with Android 3.2 Honeycomb will obviously be able to update it to ICS.
Via Netbook News
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Acer Iconia Tab A200 now available at Best Buy USA
- Acer Iconia Tab A200 priced at $470 (in Russia)
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 to cost just $400 and come with $50 gift card at Target starting on July 17
- Acer Iconia Tab A200 promo video leak shows full size USB port
- 7-inch Acer Iconia Tab A100 now available in the UK for £259