After having made its playful way to Verizon earlier this year, the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is now also available at C Spire. This, if you remember, is the world’s first PlayStation certified smartphone, which launched with much fanfare, but has so far failed to become anything other than a niche offering.
Still, some C Spire customers (or would-be customers) surely will appreciate the phone’s dual personality – it’s just another Android smartphone, but when you slide out the gamepad, it turns into every mobile gamer’s best friend (presumably).
The Xperia Play even comes with a nice price over at C Spire. The carrier would like you to shell out $49.99 (after a $50 reward card) for the device. You’ll need to sign a new two-year contract of course, and also get a data plan to be able to purchase the phone at that price. Which you can do either online or in C Spire stores, by the way, starting today.
C Spire’s Xperia Play comes with seven games preinstalled (Madden NFL 11, Bruce Lee Dragon Warrior, Asphalt 6:Adrenaline, The Sims 3, Star Battalion, Crash Bandicoot, and Tetris), and you’ll also be able to download five additional games (Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed Shift, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Dead Space and FIFA 12) for free from EA until January 15, 2012.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play launch date announced by Verizon: May 26
- Verizon Sony Ericsson Xperia Play now only $99.99 on pre-order at Amazon
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play launched in 11 countries, more than 60 games for it are available
- SE Xperia Play and Xperia Arc can be now pre-ordered at Three UK
- iPhone 4S on its way to C Spire (Cellular South)