Toshiba AT200, announced back in September as the world’s thinnest tablet, will be released in Canada in early 2012.
According to Toshiba Canada’s official website, the tablet will be called Toshiba Excite, and should be out in January. However, Mobile Syrup has reportedly “confirmed” that the Excite will in fact be released a month later, in February (for an unknown price).
The AT200 Excite is only 7.7mm thin, and runs Android 3.2 Honeycomb (most likely upgradeable to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich). Its other features include: 10.1 inch display with 1280 x 800 pixels, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1, 1.2GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4430 processor, 5MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera, Mini USB 2.0, Micro HDMI, MicroSD card support, and 16GB / 32GB of internal memory.
The Excite A200 will be Toshiba’s second Android tablet released in Canada – after the bulky Toshiba Thrive, available there since August.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Toshiba Excite X10 (AT200) announced for the US, prices start at $529
- Toshiba intros three new quad-core Android ICS tablets: Excite 7.7, Excite 10, and Excite 13
- Toshiba’s AT200 (Excite X10) Android tablet released in the UK
- Toshiba AT200 (Excite) will cost $579 in Australia, should be launched next month
- New 7-inch Toshiba Thrive Android Honeycomb tablet announced