Here’s some bad news if your device of choice is a Nokia N8, E7, X7, C7, C6-01, 500, Oro, or E6. The long-awaited update to Symbian Belle is only going to arrive on your smartphone in ‘early 2012′. We were previously led to believe that this update would start rolling out in the fourth quarter of this year, although that information wasn’t ever officially confirmed by Nokia.
Today though, All About Symbian got word from the Finnish phone maker that the Symbian Belle update won’t arrive in 2011. Nokia didn’t say anything more specific than ‘early 2012′, but there are indications that at least in some parts of the globe the update will become available in February.
Let’s hope so. Symbian may be ‘dead’, but millions of people have bought one of the aforementioned devices which are now running Symbian Anna, and because they bought phones running a ‘dead’ platform, they certainly deserve to get this UI-changing update.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Belle update may be coming on February 8
- Nokia 700, 701 and 603 now getting Belle FP1 firmware updates
- Nokia 500 gets a Belle update starting today
- Nokia 603 leaked. Symbian Belle update to start on October 26?
- Nokia Belle Refresh rolls out via software update starting today