The Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime hasn’t started shipping anywhere yet, but it’s understandably the most eagerly anticipated tablet of the past couple of months. That’s in no small part thanks to the fact that it will be the first quad-core tablet on the market. The Prime is scheduled to be out in the US and Canada this month, but what about the UK?
Well, a while back we heard that the tablet would become available in Europe in January. Now if you’re in the UK you should know that the Transformer Prime is indeed expected to arrive in your neck of the woods next month.
This confirmation of sorts comes courtesy of online retailer Clove, which has started taking pre-orders for two versions of the Asus tablet. The release time frame isn’t official yet, but it’s the best indication we have yet, so we’ll take it for now.
If you’d like to be among the first people in the UK to play with your very own Transformer Prime, you can now pre-order a version with 32 GB of built-in storage and included keyboard dock, or another version with 64 GB of storage sans keyboard dock. They both cost the same - £550.80. Sadly missing is the 32 GB version without the bundled keyboard, but it’s bound to appear soon. All of these SKUs are of a Wi-Fi-only tablet, so unfortunately no mobile data support is built in.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Asus Transformer Prime caught on video running Android 4.0 ICS, pre-orders and official page go live
- Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime images leaked
- Asus Transformer Prime may be out in the US on November 28 or December 16, Canada on December 5
- Asus Padfone, Transformer Pad Infinity, Transformer Pad 300 priced in Europe, launching in May-June
- Asus Transformer Prime revealed by CEO, quad-core Tegra 3 CPU and 14-hour battery life in tow