Toshiba’s 7-inch version of its Thrive tablet is now finally available to purchase in the US. Toshiba itself sells these devices, and delivery takes approximately one to two business days. The prices being asked are $379.99 for the 16 GB model, and $429.99 for the 32 GB variant.
Aside from these storage capacity differences, the two 7-inch Thrive tablets are basically identical. Both sport a 7-inch 1280×800 touchscreen, a dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, 1 GB of RAM, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, stereo speakers, a 5 MP rear camera, a 2 MP front-facing camera, microSD card support, and a micro HDMI connector.
The 7-inch Thrive is 12 mm thick, which is less than Toshiba’s 10-inch Thrive, but still a bit bulky for this day and age. The specs are decent, but nothing to write home about either, since the Tegra 2 has been powering tablets for many months now. The screen deserves some praise though, for it packs more pixels than 7-inch tablets usually come with.
Anyway, if you’re interested in picking up a 7-inch Thrive, head over to Toshiba right now.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New 7-inch Toshiba Thrive Android Honeycomb tablet announced
- 7-inch Toshiba Thrive tablet now available in Canada for $369.99
- New, thinner Toshiba Android Honeycomb tablet coming soon
- Toshiba Excite AT200 with Android Honeycomb to be launched in Canada in February
- Toshiba Thrive Android Honeycomb tablet already available at some Best Buy locations