According Digitimes the next generation iPads might be released in three to four months. According to their sources in the supply chain of the next iPad, parts and components for the device are already being delivered to OEM contractors.
The production of current iPads remains steady with 14-15 million units expected to be delivered in the fourth quarter of 2011.The iPad 2 deliveries will then decline to 4-5 million in Q1 2012 as suppliers ramp up the production of the next iPad.
Foxconn, one of Apple’s major contractors, will start manufacturing the next iPad in January 2012. Sources in the supply chain are expecting 9.5-9.8 million units to be delivered at the end Q1 2012.
All those rumors above only confirm the obvious. Apple releases the next generation of iPad in March/April every year. And is about to do the same in early 2012
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Apple iPad 2 to have three versions
- Apple iPad 5 production to start in July or August
- Apple’s next generation iPad to be called iPad 2S, not iPad 3?
- Apple iPad 2 shipments may start in February
- Apple’s new iPad Mini 2 (with Retina display) could be 30% more expensive than current models