Oh wow. This is an interesting turn of events. Verizon just took to Twitter to announce that its much-anticipated 4G LTE capable version of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will finally be out tomorrow. That’s December 15, just like the latest rumors predicted.
However, for a good part of today the release tomorrow didn’t seem likely anymore. That’s because Verizon itself said earlier that the Galaxy Nexus was still on track to launch this year. That didn’t seem like something you’d say just one day before the release, so we figured that meant it would come later.
But no. It looks like your prayers have finally been answered, and there will be no more delays. Tomorrow’s the big day. So go, no, run to your nearest Verizon store and get in line. Right?
On a different note, it’s interesting (and really not that usual) that Verizon still hasn’t issued an official press release at least saying that it will carry the Galaxy Nexus. Perhaps we’ll see one tomorrow when it’s finally available.
Update: the Galaxy Nexus is now available! You can grab it at Verizon stores and online for $299, or head over to Amazon to pick it up for $199 instead!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus “on track to launch this year”, simulator now available
- Samsung Galaxy Note may be launched by Verizon and Sprint as the Galaxy Journal
- Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy Nexus can be yours for just $154.99 at LetsTalk (and $149.99 at Amazon)
- Samsung Galaxy Note officially confirmed by T-Mobile USA, no release date given
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus launches on December 9, Equipment Guide confirms