Honestly, I don’t know what to think about this Transformer Prime business anymore. The Asus device which will be the first quad-core tablet on the market is either delayed, or it isn’t. That seems to depend most on which country you’re in at the moment.
A few days ago, Asus contradicted a rumor that the tablet was delayed in the US, saying that the Prime will start shipping on December 19 (that’s next Monday, by the way). In the meantime, up in Canada multiple sources have apparently confirmed that there is going to be a delay.
Earlier today, we heard that it will be out in Italy in January, possibly with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on board. But if you’re in Europe, don’t think that it won’t be available anywhere this year.
For the Prime is now up for pre-order in Poland, with a listed release date of December 21. That’s the same date which the same retailer (Euro) has printed in one of its recent flyers (seen above, typo and all, courtesy of Tabletowo).
The price being asked is around €597, or $777. So if you’re in Poland and want a Transformer Prime, you should probably go to Euro now and pre-order yours. If you aren’t in Poland, well, stop drooling. Or being angry. The tablet will eventually make it to your country. At some point.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Asus Transformer Prime to be launched on December 8 in the US?
- Asus Transformer Prime delayed until after Christmas? Probably not
- Asus Transformer Prime may be out in the US on November 28 or December 16, Canada on December 5
- Asus Transformer Prime delayed until late January in Italy, will have Android ICS at launch
- Asus Transformer Prime to ship December for $499, full specs revealed