According to Handtec – the only British retailer that lists the Galaxy Xcover for now – the smartphone will be launched in early January. Handtec is asking £224.39 for the rugged Galaxy (about €267 or $348).
UK aside, the Galaxy Xcover has been released in the Netherlands, where it comes in an “orange black” version:
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover S5690 runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and is IP67 certified (meaning it’s dust, dirt and water proof). It features a 3.6 inch HVGA Gorilla Glass display, GPS, Wi-Fi, HSDPA, 3.2MP autofocus camera, and an 800MHz processor.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover S5690 coming to the UK next week
- Rugged Samsung Galaxy Xcover S5690 arriving in the UK in December
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover runs Android Gingerbread, doesn’t mind dirt and water on it
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover S5690 now available in the UK
- Rugged (water and dust proof) Samsung Galaxy S4 coming soon?