That rumored 7.85 inch iPad – which can certainly be considered an iPad Mini – may not arrive early next year, as previously suggested, but only towards the end of the year.
According to DigiTimes, “sources in the supply chain” are saying that Apple will likely release the 7.85 inch iPad in the fourth quarter of 2012, with production for its panels to start at the end of the second quarter.
Before that, in the first quarter of the year, the Cupertino company should introduce the successor to the iPad 2, most probably called iPad 3 (reportedly, this will have a 10 inch display with a resolution increased to 2048 x 1536 pixels).
The 7.85 inch iPad should have the same screen resolution as the iPad 2 (1024 x 768). Other specs are not known for the moment, but this alleged iPad Mini will obviously allow Apple to test the market with a direct competitor to Amazon’s new and quite popular Kindle Fire (at least 2 millions of them have been sold until now).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 10 million Apple iPad Mini tablets to be produced this quarter?
- Rumored upcoming 7.85-inch iPad Mini to cost $249-299, will have slim bezel
- New, redesigned 9.7 inch iPad 5 coming in Q3?
- Apple’s new iPad Mini 2 (with Retina display) could be 30% more expensive than current models
- 8.9 inch Amazon Kindle Fire with Full HD resolution to join other two new 7 inch models?