Don’t get mad, but Verizon and Motorola are prepping yet another Droid-branded smartphone. Furthermore, this will be another Droid RAZR, which may be quite strange considering that the new RAZR has just launched. But such is the pace at which the mobile industry moves.
A couple of weeks ago we first brought you some info about a “Droid RAZRMAX” – which was what we thought it would be called back then. Turns out the name has retained the ‘independent’ RAZR, and gained an X.
We say that because Droid Life was sent a screenie of an internal Verizon system which clearly lists a Droid RAZR Maxx. So one thing’s for sure now: this thing is real, whatever its final name will end up being.
Pay no attention to that date listed beside it though. The new RAZR will probably be seeded out to testers soon, and it will be in Verizon’s lineup… we’re guessing early next year. Perhaps an unveiling at CES in January is due. We’ll see. Judging from our experience with the currently selling Droid RAZR, you can expect many more rumors and leaks about this device in the meantime.
As for specs, we don’t know anything just yet, but of course we can speculate. That ‘Maxx’ certainly makes you think of some upgrades, so perhaps there’s a better (and HD?) screen in there, a bigger battery, and/or better audio.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Android Jelly Bean updates for Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD rolling out now
- Verizon to launch the Motorola Droid Razr in purple on January 23
- Verizon Motorola Droid Razr (16GB black version) now costs $199.99. Razr Maxx incoming?
- Motorola Droid 3 discounted again at Verizon. Purple Droid Razr now available
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD launching on October 18