Cricket Wireless has announced the availability of the Huawei Mercury, its best Android smartphone to date. Initially known as Huawei Glory (and introduced in Europe and Asia as the Huawei Honor), the Mercury should be available at Cricket starting today for $249.99 (no long-term agreement required).
Cricket doesn’t say what version of Android the Mercury comes with, but it’s most probably Gingerbread (the Honor runs Gingerbread anyway).
The features of the Huawei Mercury include: 4 inch FWVGA display, Wi-Fi, Mobile hotspot, GPS, stereo Bluetooth, 3.5mm headset jack, 8MP rear camera, VGA front-facing camera, 1.4GHz processor (likely single-core), 2GB of internal memory, and MicroSD card support.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei Honor hits the FCC with AT&T 3G bands
- Huawei Honor now comes with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (but only in China)
- Huawei Mercury Ice lands at Cricket on September 5, it’s a redesigned Mercury
- Huawei Honor U8860 runs Android Gingerbread, might get Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- Huawei Honor with Android Gingerbread officially coming in Q4