Today Sony Ericsson has followed up on the great news that it brought us last month, that all the smartphones it has released in 2011 will be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. If you own an Xperia device launched this year, you should really be happy about this. So far, Sony Ericsson has been among the best at communicating with its customers about the update.
And today the company let us know just when you should expect that Ice Cream Sandwich update to hit your specific handset model. The first phones to receive the update will be the Xperia Arc S, Neo V, and Ray. The rollout for their updates will start in late March or early April.
Then about a month after that, in late April or early May, you can expect the updates for the Xperia Arc, Neo, Xperia Play, Mini, Mini Pro, Pro, Active, as well as the Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman.
All the updates will come over-the-air, but you’ll also have the option of installing via a computer. The updates will be released in stages, and not all country or operator-specific versions of the devices will get updated at the same time.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Confirmed: Android Ice Cream Sandwich coming to Sony Ericsson’s Xperia 2011 lineup
- Android 4.0 ICS updates for Sony Xperia Arc and Neo rolling-out now
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play won’t be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich after all
- SE plans to bring Android Ice Cream Sandwich to its 2011 Xperia lineup
- Sony Ericsson’s 2011 Xperia line will get Android Ice Cream Sandwich