Firefox for Android has been updated to reach version 9.0 – a version that’s optimized for large tablet screen sizes.
On tablets, in landscape mode, Firefox tabs now appear as thumbnails on the left, allowing users to easily switch between them – of course, this whole time you can view full websites on the right. In portrait mode, tabs are situated in a top left menu.
There’s a new Action Bar menu, too, providing access to Preferences, downloads, Add-ons and so on. Firefox 9.0 for Android also brings a faster start-up time, and HTML5 form validation. You can see the full changelog here.
To download Mozilla Firefox 9.0 for your Android smartphone or tablet, go here at Android Market. And, if you’re curious to see the browser in action on a tablet, check out the official video preview below:
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Mozilla reveals Firefox app for Honeycomb tablets
- New Mozilla Firefox for Android available now in Google Play
- Mozilla officially launches Firefox Mobile for Maemo
- Mozilla Fennec to sync tabs between desktop and mobile browsers
- Mozilla Firefox OS smartphones could be launched in Japan