After having made its way to Cricket earlier this year, the Huawei Ascend II is now headed to US Cellular as well. The Ascend II is an Android smartphone that packs pretty low-end features for this day and age (with small touches of the midrange). It does, however, make up for that in price.
US Cellular has announced that the Huawei Ascend II will be available to order online starting next week. It will be free (after a $100 mail-in rebate) with a new two-year contract. The smartphone will only arrive in stores in January, so if you’re itching to get one next week, you’ll have to order online.
The Huawei Ascend II has a 3.5-inch 320×480 touchscreen, a 5 MP camera, a 600 MHz processor, microSD card support (with a 2 GB card preinstalled), and a 1,400 mAh battery. Like its Cricket-adoring twin, US Cellular’s Ascend II should also come with a 3.5 mm headset jack, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3G, and GPS.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei Ascend II now available for free at US Cellular
- Cricket intros the Huawei Ascend II, a Gingerbread smartphone for $129.99 sans contract
- Cincinnati Bell launches Android-powered Huawei Ascend X, its first 4G smartphone
- US Cellular intros Huawei Ascend Y and Alcatel One Touch Shockwave Android phones
- UK: Huawei Ascend Y201 redefines ‘cheap smartphone’ at Tesco, yours for just £70