When the update to Android Honeycomb for the HTC Flyer finally arrived earlier this month, we knew it was pretty much just a matter of time before Sprint’s version of the tablet would get it too. And that’s exactly what’s happened today.
Sprint’s HTC Evo View 4G is now getting updated to Android 3.2.1 Honeycomb. The rollout has started today, and since the update comes OTA, it may be staggered. So your tablet may not have gotten it yet. But fret not, for it will soon. If you’d like to manually check for the update, just go to Settings > System updates > HTC Software update > Check now.
Because of the differences between Honeycomb and previous versions of the operating system, you’ll have to re-add all your homescreen shortcuts and widgets after the update. Alongside the usual Honeycomb bits, this update also packs in fixes for Google video chat and Bluetooth support in Airplane mode.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now rolling out
- HTC Flyer Android 3.2 Honeycomb update starts rolling out in the US for both Wi-Fi and 3G units
- Motorola Atrix Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update now rolling out in Europe
- AT&T Motorola Atrix 2 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update now rolling out
- Asus Transformer Pad Infinity gets updated to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean