Bad news for those who’ve hoped that the Motorola Droid 4 would be released by Verizon this year: it looks like it won’t.
According to a leaked document which reportedly comes from a Verizon retailer, the Droid 4 will be out on February 2 – although initially it was expected to arrive tomorrow.
Perhaps Verizon decides to postpone the launch of the Droid 4 because it just introduced the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. We can’t know for sure. What we do know is that the Droid 4 will come with a sliding QWERTY keyboard, 4 inch qHD Gorilla Glass display, LTE connectivity, 8MP rear camera with 1080p video recording, HD front-facing camera, 1GB of RAM, and a 1.2GHz processor. If it’s going to be launched with Android Gingerbread on board, an update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will surely follow.
Verizon and Motorola could officially announce the Droid 4 at CES 2012 – maybe at the same time with the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx? Well, let’s wait and see.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Razr Maxx officially coming to Europe in May, stars in anti iPhone 4S and Galaxy Nexus video
- Verizon Droid Razr Maxx will be launched on January 26 according to Motorola
- Droid 3 now $99 at Verizon. Motorola Droid 4 could be out really soon
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD now $149.99 at Wirefly
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr M available now