Since Google announced Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich a couple of months ago, one of the main questions that each Android device owner is facing is when the manufacturer of each gadget is going to issue an update to the latest version of the operating system. Or if.
And while it’s undoubtedly been a bumpy ride for some (Samsung Galaxy S owners, for example), things are much simpler for others, apparently. Including those who own a Huawei MediaPad (or T-Mobile Springboard, for it’s basically the same device).
That’s because the Chinese company is hard at work in bringing Android 4.0 to its latest tablet, as you can see from the image above. Huawei didn’t officially say that the MediaPad will receive the ICS update, but that acknowledgement will probably come soon. Perhaps accompanied by an alpha ICS ROM, as was the case for the Huawei Honor.
All in all, Huawei is surprisingly one of the more dynamic companies in handling this ICS update situation. And if it keeps this up, it will clearly gather a whole lot of fans in no time.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei MediaPad gets new colors and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in Q1
- Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD will finally be available in September
- Huawei MediaPad 10 Link gets Wi-Fi and Bluetooth certified, will have 3G connectivity and IPS screen
- New Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite with Android 4.0 ICS officially unveiled
- Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD also on its way to Japan, to be released in August as the Emobile GT01