Here we are, bringing you another piece of news regarding Verizon’s Motorola Droid 4. Unfortunately, it’s not really good news, since we still don’t know when the smartphone will be released.
But Best Buy seems to have thought that the Droid 4 should’ve been out by now, since it has included it in its latest Rewards Zone promo. Theoretically, and had the Droid 4 been launched, you could have upgrade to it and get “5000 bonus points ($100 in reward certificates)”.
This Best Buy promo, as well as the fact that the Droid 4 seems to have been ready to make an appearance at DroidDoes.com for quite a while now, could mean that Verizon wanted to introduce the handset before the end of the year, but ultimately decided to postpone the launch. One reason for this may be that VZW and Motorola want the new Droid to run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich from day one – we’ll see soon if it happens or not.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid 4 could be launched in February
- Motorola Droid 4 audio clips leak, still no official launch details
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid 4 to be launched on February 9?
- Motorola Droid 4 page goes live on DroidDoes.com
- Verizon posts Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich updates list. HTC, Motorola, Samsung and LG devices included