A couple of weeks ago, we told you that Amazon had sold at least 2 million Kindle Fire Android tablets. Now the company has announced that it sold “well over 1 million Kindle devices per week” throughout December (hence in 4 weeks), and that the Kindle Fire “is the #1 best-selling, most gifted, and most wished for product across the millions of items available on Amazon.com since its introduction 13 weeks ago.”
Of course, a good chunk of the “well over 1 million” devices sold each week this month is represented by Kindle Touch and regular Kindle units. But since the Kindle Fire tops Amazon.com’s best seller charts, the tablet has probably reached 3 million units sold – or maybe 4, or 5 million units, we can’t know for sure unless Amazon publishes specific sales figures.
Regardless of how many millions of units of it have been sold, one thing is clear: the Kindle Fire (which costs only $199) seems to be the most successful Android tablet ever – even though it’s not a pure Android tablet.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Amazon has sold over 2 million Kindle Fire tablets so far
- Amazon’s Kindle Fire may be headed to the UK in January
- Amazon Kindle Fire 2 coming in the second half of the year alongside new 10-inch model
- Amazon Kindle Fire 2 images leak
- Amazon Kindle Fire could be dropped to $149 when HD Kindle Fire 2 launches in Q3, rumor says