Those of you who are in Europe and own a Motorola RAZR should be happy to know that a software update is on its way to your devices (if it hasn’t arrived already). This isn’t going to make your RAZR run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, but it does bring with it many enhancements, and as such we recommend you apply it as soon as possible.
The update is obviously going to reach your RAZR over-the-air. So your phone should just notify you when it’s available (if it hasn’t done so already). Then you can install it without using a computer. After applying the update, your phone will be on software version 651.73.30.
The update will be out in the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, and the UK. Additionally, SFR customers in France and T-Mobile customers in Germany are also going to receive it.
It improves camera performance, adds a new Smart Rule trigger (‘motion detection’), comes with new security features, improves call performance, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, and makes localisations better. The update also comes with the Evernote app preinstalled.
Full details about the update are available here at Motorola.
Via Android Central
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update finally out for Motorola RAZR and RAZR MAXX in Europe
- Motorola Xoom Android 3.2 update finally rolling out in Europe
- Verizon rolls out software updates for Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx
- Motorola RAZR i Android 4.1 Jelly Bean rollout has started in France
- Motorola (Droid) RAZR can be pre-ordered in Australia