Asus is reportedly getting ready to launch a 7-inch version of its Transformer Prime Android tablet (the first in the world to feature a quad-core processor).
According to Notebook Italia, the 7 inch Transformer Prime will be officially announced at CES 2012 (January 10 – 13). With it, a redesigned Asus Eee Pad Memo (initially announced last year) should be unveiled, too.
The Italian website has an image of a new Asus tablet, but it’s not clear if this is the 7 inch Transformer Prime, or the refreshed Eee Pad Memo:
Both the 7 inch Transformer and the Eee Pad Memo will most probably come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on board. The new Pad Memo should also have a 7 inch (1280 x 800) display, plus 3G, Wi-Fi, 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, and up to 64GB of internal memory.
The Asus Padfone is another new Android device that could make an appearance at CES, although we’ve heard this one is going to be launched at MWC. We’ll see.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Asus Transformer Prime TF700T and Eee Pad Memo Android ICS tablets announced
- Quad core Asus Padfone to be launched at MWC 2012. Maybe with Android Ice Cream Sandwich?
- Asus Transformer Prime will be out in Australia in January
- Asus Transformer Prime to bring its quad-core powers to Canada soon
- Asus Transformer Prime revealed by CEO, quad-core Tegra 3 CPU and 14-hour battery life in tow