The update to Android 3.2 Honeycomb for the HTC Flyer is now rolling out across the USA. Previously, this update was made available to HTC Flyer owners in Europe last month. This comes after the Taiwanese company had promised that Honeycomb would arrive on its first tablet shortly after launch. That didn’t happen, but here we are and at least if you own a Flyer you can now run a tablet-optimized version of the operating system.
The update is apparently going out to both Wi-Fi-only as well as 3G-enabled versions of the tablet in the States. The update comes over-the-air so your tablet will notify you once it’s reached it and it’s ready for downloading and installing. So you won’t need a computer to perform the update.
If you can’t wait, you can always try manually checking for the update by going into your tablet’s settings. And don’t forget to enjoy this update as much as you can, for it’s uncertain that HTC will update the Flyer to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich as well. Or at least the manufacturer hasn’t said anything about that yet.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Flyer Android Honeycomb update finally rolls out starting today
- US Cellular’s HTC Flyer gets updated to Android Honeycomb
- AT&T Motorola Atrix 2 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update now rolling out
- Verizon’s HTC Rezound finally gets updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Sprint HTC Evo View 4G Android Honeycomb update now rolling out