Back in February 2011, INQ announced two new Facebook-centric Android handsets: the INQ Cloud Touch and the INQ Cloud Q. The Cloud Touch was released in April (and is now sold out in the UK). The Cloud Q was supposed to arrive towards the end of the year, but that didn’t happen, and we’re now hearing INQ has cancelled the release of the phone.
According to ElectricPig, INQ has made the “tough decision to pull the Cloud Q (pictured below) from the roadmap to focus efforts on our future products.”
The company plans to launch new devices in the second half of 2012, but for now we don’t know what these devices might offer.
Unlike the HTC ChaCha or Motorola’s MotoKey Social, the INQ Cloud Touch and INQ Cloud Q don’t have dedicated Facebook buttons, but they do provide a rich Facebook experience thanks to a deep UI integration (well, actually the Cloud Q doesn’t provide that, since it’s not going to hit the market at all).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- INQ Cloud Touch will be available at Telus and Koodo Mobile in Canada on July 13
- Two Facebook Android phones from INQ coming next year?
- Facebook-centric INQ Cloud Touch and Cloud Q Android phones announced
- Facebook-centric INQ Cloud Touch available in the UK
- New HTC-made Facebook Android phone coming later this year?