The Samsung Replenish is Sprint’s first environmentally-friendly smartphone, and it was announced in April last year. It launched running Android 2.2 Froyo unfortunately. But today’s a great day to own a Replenish, for Sprint has started the rollout of the update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
The update’s software version is EK18. It brings with it the usual Gingerbread bits and blobs, most notable of which are the increased overall operation speed and smoothness, one-touch word selection and copy/paste, better power management, and the new Downloads manager. Sprint has also packed an SMS messaging fix alongside everything listed above.
The update will reach your device over-the-air, and your Replenish will notify you when it’s available. You might not get it immediately though, for the rollout is staggered and will take 10 days to reach all Samsung Replenish units. The estimated download and install time is 10 minutes. Full instructions for performing the update are available here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint’s HTC Evo Shift 4G and Samsung Replenish also get some update love
- Sprint LG Optimus S gets updated to Android Gingerbread too
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Android 2.3 Gingerbread update finally rolling out
- AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread update rolling out now
- Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update now available