2012 is the year of Ice Cream Sandwich tablets, but that didn’t stop Orange UK to announce a tablet that runs Android 3.2 Honeycomb. Called Orange Tahiti, the tablet is a rebranded Huawei MediaPad – which is sold in the US as the T-Mobile Springboard.
The Tahiti comes with a 7 inch display (1280 x 800 pixels), 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, 3.5mm headset jack, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, and a 5MP rear camera.
According to Orange, the new tablet will be available starting this week “for £69.99 on a £25 per month, 24 month data plan”, or for “free on a Connected 24 month plan bundled with the San Francisco II mobile phone from only £41 per month.” You can check out the Tahiti here at Orange UK.
Since Huawei seems to plan an update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the MediaPad, maybe Orange’s Tahiti will get to taste ICS, too. But the carrier didn’t say anything about this for now.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite with Android 4.0 ICS officially unveiled
- UK: Orange San Francisco II now available for £99.99 on PAYG, free on £10.50 per month contracts
- Huawei MediaPad gets new colors and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in Q1
- Huawei MediaPad and Vision priced in the UK
- Huawei MediaPad 10 Link gets Wi-Fi and Bluetooth certified, will have 3G connectivity and IPS screen