As we’ve reported last week, the iPad 3 is already in production, “with factories running 24 hours a day in China.”
Now a new report from Japanese website Macotakara suggests that Apple may plan to officially announce the new iPad in early February, at the same time with iOS 5.1. According to the website, the tablet should go on sale in March (as previously rumored).
Of course, until Apple confirms an iPad event for early February, we should take this with an iGrain of iSalt.
Like the upcoming iPhone 5, the iPad 3 should bring a quad-core processor and LTE connectivity. Other rumored features: 2048 x 1536 pixels display, 2MP front-facing camera, and a rear camera of at least 5MP.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Apple’s iPad 3 and its 8MP camera pictured?
- New HTC One XXL with quad-core Snapdragon APQ8064 CPU coming soon?
- Apple’s next generation iPad to be called iPad 2S, not iPad 3?
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 to take on Apple’s iPad Mini soon?
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (codenamed Altius) could start shipping in April. Galaxy Note 8.0 pictured?