Verizon has officially announced that the black version of its Motorola Droid Razr now costs only $199.99 online on contract ($100 less than the handset’s initial price). If you’re visiting the carrier’s website (here) you’ll find that there are now two Razr models listed: 16GB (the one that costs $199), and 32GB (which is still $299). They have the same amount of internal memory, but the latter has a 16GB memory card pre-installed.
Verizon also said that the white and purple editions of the Droid Razr would cost $199.99, too, but only starting January 23 (the white Razr 32GB is currently $299, while the purple one isn’t out yet).
These price cuts are likely a sign that we’ll see the new Motorola Droid Razr Maxx hitting the shelves pretty soon (probably on January 26). The Razr Maxx will cost $299.99 on contract, coming with a huge 3,300 mAh battery that’s capable of providing up to 21 hours of talking one a single charge.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Droid 3 discounted again at Verizon. Purple Droid Razr now available
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr Maxx available now. Droid 4 to cost $199?
- Verizon to launch the Motorola Droid Razr in purple on January 23
- More evidence that Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr Maxx will be out on January 26
- Verizon Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD available now