Looks like tomorrow will be a big day in Canada if you’re interested in price cuts applied to mobile devices. Following in the footsteps of Best Buy, which will offer the 32 GB iPhone 4S and the BlackBerry Bold 9900 cheaper starting tomorrow, Staples has something up its sleeve as well.
From tomorrow, January 20, you’ll be able to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for just $399.99. This is the Wi-Fi-only model we’re talking about of course. The new pricing will make the tablet $100 cheaper than what it’s been selling for ever since it was released in Canada in August.
And at $399.99, it’s certainly a more enticing device we’d say. In fact we’d argue that it should have launched with that price, in which case it would have been a lot better selling.
Anyway, this is one of the top-end Android tablets from last year, so don’t expect the price to continue falling dramatically. If you’ve been saving up for a tablet and $499.99 seemed too expensive, perhaps the moment to finally buy one is about to come (tomorrow, remember).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Rogers makes the LG Optimus Pad $150 cheaper, now $549.99 sans contract
- It’s official: Asus Transformer Prime out in the US on December 8 (Taiwan tomorrow, Europe in January)
- UK: Wi-Fi-only HTC Flyer can now be yours for just £299.95
- HTC Flyer now just $299.99 at Best Buy
- Toshiba Excite AT200 with Android Honeycomb to be launched in Canada in February