UK: Phones 4U won’t sell the Huawei Vision after all, even though it was supposed to be an exclusive
It’s unclear what happened, but Phones 4U has told SoMobile that it won’t be selling the Huawei Vision after all. The Vision was announced last year and was supposed to be a Phones 4U exclusive in the UK. Last we heard anything about it, it was going to be launched before Christmas. That obviously didn’t happen, and now it looks like it won’t ever happen.
The Huawei Vision is a decent midrange smartphone, running Android 2.3 Gingerbread and coming with a 1 GHz single-core processor, a 3.7-inch touchscreen, a 5 MP camera with 720p HD video recording, plus all the usual connectivity options.
The Vision may become available in the UK though through other retailers. For example, FlagshipFones is now taking pre-orders for the device if you agree to pay £282 for the privilege. No shipping date is listed, unfortunately, so it’s anyone’s guess when this phone will finally be in stock (if ever).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei Vision with Android Gingerbread released in Australia
- Sony Xperia L arrives in the UK on May 15
- Huawei Vision U8850 with Android Gingerbread headed to North America, maybe via AT&T?
- Huawei MediaPad and Vision priced in the UK
- Huawei’s Vision and Blaze will be exclusive to Phones4U in the UK when they launch in Q4