Sony’s Tablet S and Tablet P are two interesting offerings in the Android tablet space, because of their unique design. If you’ve been wondering if or when these will be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, well, today we have the answer.
Both the Tablet S and the Tablet P will be updated to the latest version of Google’s mobile operating system (which is hardly a surprise, of course). As for the time frame, the update will come sometime during this spring, right about the time that Sony’s Xperia lineup will also get its taste of Ice Cream Sandwich.
Apparently ICS is already being tested on the tablets, and the update will bring with it “some really cool unique bits” on top of Android 4.0 – whatever those turn out to be.
More details (such as actual dates or at least a projected month for release) aren’t available at this time, but rest assured that we’ll let you know the instant we find out more.
Via The Verge
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Asus Eee Pad Slider Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update starts rolling out in the US
- Samsung posts Android ICS update details for the US, except for T-Mobile devices
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 Android 3.1 update has started rolling out
- Lenovo’s ThinkPad tablet finally gets its Ice Cream Sandwich treat
- Sony Xperia S Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update will be out by early June