Although everyone is expecting Samsung to showcase its new Galaxy S III at MWC 2012 in Barcelona next month, this may not happen.
According to The Verge and “people familiar with the matter,” Samsung has decided to postpone the new handset’s official announcement for an event that should be held “before summer.”
German website BestBoyz seems to have the same info.
The reason for the alleged delay is not known. Anyway, if this turns out to be true, we’ll probably not see the S III hitting the shelves in April (as previously rumored).
The new Samsung Galaxy S III (which could look like in the image above) should come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, a large Super AMOLED Plus HD display, quad-core processor, 12MP rear camera, enhanced battery life, and numerous software tweaks.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy S III to be launched in March? New Galaxy S II Plus and Note S also in the rumors
- No Samsung Galaxy S III announcement on March 22 after all
- Samsung still reviewing launch options for the new Galaxy S III
- Samsung event scheduled for March 22. Galaxy S III could be announced then
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich for Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note coming in Q1 2012