A few weeks ago, British retailer Play.com said that it would launch the Sony Xperia S in the UK on January 30 (today). However, the handset hasn’t been released. Moreover, Play is now saying that the smartphone is “due for release on February 13.” Of course, this new launch date is still subject to change.
At the moment, Play lets you pre-order the Xperia S for £449.99 (about €535 or $708).
The Sony Xperia S will be launched with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, but an update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is scheduled to arrive at some point. The handset features a 4.3 inch display with 1280 x 720 pixels, anti-stain coating, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 32GB of internal memory, 1.3MP front-facing camera, and a fast 12MP camera on the back.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia S features anti-stain shell, fast charging battery
- Sony Xperia S to arrive in the UK only in March
- Sony Xperia S could be launched in the UK this month
- Sony Xperia U finally launched in the UK (via Three)
- Sony Xperia SP launching in the UK on April 30?