White HTC Sensation with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on board coming to the Netherlands on March 1
HTC’s Dutch arm has just announced that a white version of the HTC Sensation will become available in the Netherlands on March 1. Furthermore, this white Sensation will come preloaded with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Google’s mobile operating system. This will probably make HTC the first of the big smartphone makers to come out with a device running ICS from the get-go.
But this is also good news for owners of the existing Sensation. If the white SKU will run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on March 1, that means that existing Sensations will probably be updated to the latest OS version around the same time (at least those bought unlocked and SIM-free, as it’s another story entirely with carrier-branded units that need to go through additional testing).
So despite the fact that HTC has never officially announced exactly when it will start rolling out ICS updates for its smartphones, we may now have a rough time frame, at least for the Sensation. The Sensation XE and Sensation XL shouldn’t be far behind either, especially considering that these three phones are currently HTC’s cream of the crop.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- First HTC devices to get ICS? Sensation, Sensation XE and 4G at the end of March. Others to follow
- HTC Sensation XE and Sensation XL launched by Vodafone Australia
- HTC Sensation XL Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update now rolling out
- Sony Xperia S Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update will be out by early June
- T-Mobile’s HTC Amaze 4G and Sensation 4G will be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich