The Motorola Atrix 2 for AT&T is in the process of receiving a software update which unfortunately isn’t Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. In fact, Moto hasn’t even announced whether the Atrix 2 will get updated to the latest version of the OS yet. We’re hoping it will be, but the update will clearly come later – if it does at all.
In the meantime, you get a minor update thing (version 55.13.25) focused on wiping some bugs and enhancing some performance aspects. The picture taking experience is improved, Google Music is preinstalled, some Motorola apps have been renamed, some security patches are in, emergency alert receiving is now more reliable, the keyboard is better, and the mobile hotspot functionality as well as the Webtop have been made more stable.
That’s it, folks. The update should reach your Atrix 2 over-the-air at which point the phone will notify you to download and install it. If you’re impatient, you can always go to Settings > About phone > System updates and manually check if the update is available for you. If it isn’t, wait a few days and it should magically appear.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G (MB860) Android 2.3.6 update available now
- AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G will get Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread in July
- Bell Motorola Atrix Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update now available
- Motorola CEO: Webtop Docks Not Exclusive to Atrix, Coming to More Devices 2H 2011
- Motorola Atrix Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update now rolling out in Europe