Verizon Wireless has decided to roll out software updates to its two Razr Droids – the original Motorola Droid Razr, and the new Motorola Droid Razr Maxx.
Since the smartphones run identical software, the new update has the same number version for both of them (6.12.173), and brings the same enhancements, including: improved data throughput performance in low-signal 4G areas, Mobile Hotspot improvements, Visual Voice Mail updates, and improved stability.
Here (PDF file) is a full changelog.
Both the Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx –which are currently running Android Gingerbread – will be upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich sometime later this year.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr gets a software update
- Android Jelly Bean updates for Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD rolling out now
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Bionic and 4G LTE Xoom get software updates
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD discounted at Amazon
- Verizon Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD available now