Likes most of the other major (or not so major) handset makers, Sony – sans Ericsson starting this year – will be present at MWC 2012 later this month in Barcelona. And, judging by the invitation to its press conference, pictured below, the company will probably announce new Xperia smartphones.
Maybe we’ll see that Xperia Pepper, maybe the Xperia Sola, or maybe a handset that we haven’t heard about until now. We can’t know for sure. In any case, we’ll be at MWC to let you know what’s new in Sony’s Android portfolio.
As you may already know, Sony has already announced two new smartphones this year – the Sony Xperia S and the Sony Xperia Ion, both unveiled at CES 2012 in early January, and both running Android Gingerbread (upgradeable to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- SE plans to bring Android Ice Cream Sandwich to its 2011 Xperia lineup
- Sony LT30 Xperia Mint might be called Xperia T after all
- Sony Xperia Neo L MT25i announced as the company’s first Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich phone
- New Sony Xperia LTE Android phone to be launched in June, could be the LT29i Hayabusa
- AT&T Sony Xperia Ion to be out in June?