Last week, Samsung informed the world that it would not unveil its new Galaxy S III Android smartphone at MWC 2012, but at a later event (for which it didn’t provide a date).
Now, according to Frandroid, Samsung has a mysterious event scheduled for March 22. There’s no way of telling what this is about, but it could very well be about the Galaxy S III. Of course, at the same time the company could unveil something for the French market only (since the invite to the event is in French).
As the successor to the Galaxy S II, the Samsung Galaxy S III will be the company’s flagship Android handset of 2012. It will undoubtedly run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, while its other features are rumored to include a large Super AMOLED HD display, quad-core processor, 12MP rear camera, and improved battery life.
Well, now let’s wait and see if March 22 is (or is not) the day when the handset finally gets official.
Update: Korean website ET News has it that the new Galaxy will become available in May, featuring a 7mm thin case.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- No Samsung Galaxy S III announcement on March 22 after all
- Samsung still reviewing launch options for the new Galaxy S III
- Samsung Galaxy S III may not be announced at MWC 2012
- New Samsung Galaxy S III possibly showcased in video
- Samsung’s next Galaxy (likely the S III) will be announced on May 3