Vodafone has just launched a new phone in the UK, but this is anything but a high-end device. It’s not a smartphone. But it is very easy to use.
Meet the Vodafone 155. This is aimed at those with limited dexterity, impaired vision, or hearing difficulties. Which makes it a good fit for the elderly.
The Vodafone 155 has an oversized keypad, and a sliding keylock on the side, so you won’t accidentally pocket dial anyone. It also comes with a charging dock. A dedicated SOS button is also present (to which you can assign a number). When pressed, this makes the phone both call and text the assigned number, and also make a loud noise so that those close by are alerted. The Vodafone 155 has a loud speaker, and comes with noise cancelling tech.
Its 1.7-inch 128×160 screen won’t turn any heads, but its battery will last for 10 hours of talk time, and 700 hours (that’s 29 days!) in standby.
If you’re interested, you can get the 155 at Vodafone right now for just £25 on Pay as you go.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Moto’s H780 Bluetooth headset lets you connect to two phones at once
- Solar-powered Vodafone 247 handset will be available in India next month for Rs. 1500
- Vodafone UK drops roaming charges for summer
- Google integrates click to call phone numbers in mobile ads
- Motorola StarTac III MS900 Phone. Back to the Future