Acer’s latest Android smartphone, the oddly named CloudMobile, which recently won an iF design award, should be released first in North America and China (starting the third quarter of this year) – at least that’s what DigiTimes is claiming. There is no carrier-specific info, so for now we don’t know if the handset will come to the US, or Canada, or both.
DigiTimes is also saying that the Acer CloudMobile will be launched with Android 4.1 Ice Cream Sandwich on board, not 4.0 ICS as previously reported.
The new Acer CloudMobile should be less than 10mm thick, featuring a 4.3 inch HD (1280 x 720) display, 1.4GHz dual-core processor, HSPA+, Dolby Mobile sound, and AcerCloud services. Acer will unveil more details on the smartphone at MWC 2012 later this month. And we’ll be there to find them out.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Acer CloudMobile with Android 4.0 and HD screen coming soon
- Acer CloudMobile hands-on video and pictures (shot at MWC 2012)
- Acer CloudMobile pre-orders start in the UK for £284.99, shipping on September 5
- Trendy Acer Liquid Glow with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich announced for MWC 2012
- Acer CloudMobile now available in the UK for £289.99