Motorola has officially announced that its rugged Defy Mini Android smartphone would be released in the UK starting late March (contradicting previous reports, which had it that the handset would arrive in early March).
The Motorola Defy Mini runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and is dust and water-proof. It features a 3.2 inch HVGA Gorilla Glass display, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, stereo FM radio with RDS, VGA front-facing camera, 3MP rear camera, 512MB of RAM, 600MHz processor, and MicroSD card support (up to 32GB).
Unlocked, the Defy Mini will cost about £175. Some British retailers, including Clove, are already taking pre-orders for the new handset.
To celebrate the launch of the Defy Mini, Motorola has teamed up with Snowbombing for “an exclusive UK event in March, called the Urban Mountain Disco.” UK residents can win tickets to the event – more details are available here at Motorola’s Facebook page.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Defy Mini pre-orders start in the UK for £174.99, shipping in late February or early March
- Motorola Defy Mini now available in the UK for £162
- UK: Motorola Defy+ now just £159 for a limited time
- Motorola Motoluxe priced in the UK, could be launched next month
- HTC One M7 pre-orders open at Three UK