As you may already know, Huawei is getting ready to unveil its fastest smartphone yet at MWC 2012 in Barcelona, on February 26. Unfortunately, the invite to the company’s event (seen below) doesn’t tell us more than just that.
“D” stands for Diamond – the new series the device is part of, while Q likely stands for quad-core. This does make sense, since Huawei’s latest high-end Android handset, the Ascend P1 S, has a 1.5Ghz dual-core processor – so a newer and faster handset would need a quad-core CPU.
In addition to the Ascend D1 Q, it’s said that Huawei will also announce the MediaPad 10 – a 10 inch successor to the 7 inch MediaPad tablet. We’ll be in Barcelona at Huawei’s event, and we’re looking forward to checking out the company’s new Android products.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD appears in promo video not long before launch
- MWC 2012: Hands-on with the Huawei Ascend D quad and MediaPad 10 Full HD
- Dual-core Huawei Ascend D1 launching tomorrow in China
- Huawei Ascend D Quad and D Quad XL officially launching in late August
- Huawei Ascend D Quad mass production to start only in June. Shipping scheduled for July