The first Sony smartphone (losing the Ericsson brand as a consequence of Sony buying Ericsson’s stake in the joint venture a few months back) is about to become available in the UK. That may happen next month, according to several retailers which are now taking pre-orders for the SIM-free and unlocked Sony Xperia S.
If you wanted to get one on contract though, you had no chance of doing that up until today. Now you can, courtesy of BuyMobilePhones. The retailer has already listed the Xperia S on a myriad of contracts from O2, Orange, T-Mobile, and Vodafone. BuyMobilePhones doesn’t yet have the Xperia S in stock, so it’s still a pre-order what you’ll be doing. But for your peace of mind you can go ahead with that now and the handset will arrive at your doorstep on the day it becomes available.
The cheapest plan offered which allows you to get the Sony Xperia S for free costs £21.50 per month, is at O2, and contains 100 minutes, 500 texts, and 500 MB of data each month. There are many other options though, including a £46 per month contract. One of the dozens of plans available will surely fit your particular communications needs perfectly.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Motoluxe can now be pre-ordered on contract in the UK, free from £13.50 per month
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini and Mini Pro up for pre-order in the UK on contract, free from £15/month
- HTC One V on-contract pre-orders start in the UK, free from £13.50 per month
- Sony Xperia Z now available in the UK. US too if you’re willing to spend $849
- Motorola Defy+ now up for pre-order in the UK, free from £15.32 per month, £246 SIM-free