Here’s something we’re pretty sure Acer Iconia Tab A500 owners didn’t want to hear. After not materializing in January as previously announced, the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for that particular tablet model may not be out this month either. Or in March. In fact, it may only be out in April.
That’s quite a long way from now, and it’s quite a lot later than the Iconia Tab A200′s update to the same operating system version, which started rolling out yesterday.
We’re not sure though. See, Acer’s arm heading its operations in Australia and New Zealand told its customers over there that the update will arrive for them in April. Now there’s still a slim chance that, if you’re not in Australia or New Zealand, you’ll see the update sooner.
A very slim chance, since there shouldn’t be any difference between the bits pushed in Australia or New Zealand and anywhere else in the world for a Wi-Fi-only tablet. So unless Acer is intentionally going to hold back on the update in Australia and New Zealand (and why would it do that?), it probably means that if you own an Iconia Tab A500 you still have some serious waiting to do before you can get your taste of Ice Cream Sandwich.
It’s unfortunate, but at least you know it’s coming. Now sit tight. Relax. Enjoy the ride.
Via Android Police
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Acer Iconia Tab A100 and A500 will be updated to Android 4.0 in mid-April in the US
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 and A100 will be updated to Android 4.0 ICS starting April 27
- Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich update for Acer Iconia Tab A200 rolling out now?
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 Android 3.1 update has started rolling out
- Quad-core Acer Iconia Tab A510 to be launched in Europe in April, should cost about €500